Beta Update (2012/08/16)
We continue make a number of optimizations and changes to improve the gameplay of PlanetSide 2. In today’s update you may notice the following changes:
- A major crash bug has been fixed.
- Bases shielding is now active and will provide greater defense to these facilities.
- Players should no longer be killed when spawning in a spawn tube.
- Resource rewards have been increased. Please see the thread in World Design for more specifics.
- Anti-Aircraft Turret power has been adjusted to bring it in line with desired impact.
- New Conglomerate Scattergun has been adjusted to reduce its overall power.
- Players will now provide a more realistic collision with vehicles which may result in death.
- Vehicles will now provide a more realistic collision with other vehicles.
- Aircraft can now reload their ammunition.
- Committing suicide in a vehicle no longer causes that vehicles destruction.
- Resource costs have been increased for vehicles. Please see the thread in World Design for more specifics.
- Players can now use Proximity Voice Chat to talk with players in their general vicinity.
 Bug Fixes and Miscellaneous Changes:
- Small outposts which were missing equipment and ammunition depots now have them available.
- The MAX unit can no longer be revived.
- Inverting Free Look and Fly controls simultaneously will no longer cancel each other out.
- Crashing your own vehicle will no longer result in Grief points.
- Killing yourself will no longer result in Grief notifications.
- Whispers should now work more reliably.
- Players should now be removed from a Drop Pod after it lands.