Test Server Update (2013/05/09)
Here's another quick update on the big ticket stuff we've recently pushed to Test Server:
 Interactive Tutorial
- When creating a new character, players will now have the option to participate in a brief tutorial covering the most basic mechanics of PlanetSide 2.
- This can be skipped via a checkbox on the character customization screen
- Existing characters can also run the tutorial at any time by going to the Support page and selecting the Go to Tutorial option.
- Accessing main menu
- Gravity Pads
- Control Points
- IFF Shields
- Equipment Terminals
- Recognizing Friend from Foe
- Basic Combat
- Warpgate Terminals
- Instant Action
 MAX ability updates
You guys have already seen various permutations of these as they've been developed, but just to make it official...
 New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive
- Increases movement speed while active
- Speed buff does not increase with cert level
- Decreases armor effectiveness while active
- Increases weapon damage while active
- Damage increases with cert level
 New NC MAX Ability: Aegis Shield
- Shield absorbs all incoming frontal damage while active
- Max is still vulnerable from the side and rear.
- Shield has large health pool and fast regen rate
- Health pool increases with cert level
 New TR MAX Ability: Lockdown
- Increases fire rate, projectile speed, and reload speed when deployed
- All these stats increase with cert level
- Locks down the max into position and limits their turning radius until undeploying
These still need tuning and balancing, so keep the feedback coming
 SCU Changes
- SCU overload time changed to 60 seconds
- SCU shields now come down at the 2 minute 30 second mark
- SCUs now shut down all terminals, turrets, spawns, spawn doors and the spawn room pain field when it explodes
 Capture Time Adjustments
- Small Outposts = 2 minutes
- Large Outposts = 3 minutes
- Facilities = 5 minutes
 Battle Flow Improvements
We are messing with Esamir's map pretty hard, so steer clear or expect some significant broken-ness for the near future. Test will be catching the continent at various states of undress, so be advised.
Thank you all for the continued support on Public Test server - we appreciate everyone that takes the time to help us improve the game!