Beta Update (2012/08/24)
- A number of crash bugs have been fixed along with the addition of gameplay optimiziations.
- Medical and Restoration Kits are now available!
- Additional Certifications have been added to various classes.
- Names will now become unique across all servers. Currently if a character exists in more than one server, the olders character will retain the original name and the newer will be given numbers after that name.
- Population Caps have now been put in place to ensure populations across all servers.
- The Home Warpgates have been moved for each Empire.
 Notable Bug Fixes:
- Keybinds will now save after closing and re-opening the PlanetSide 2 Client.
- Tower parts have been improved visually and will appear more aligned.
- When dying using a scope, players will no longer spawn in Zoom mode.
- Infantry consumables (such as grenades) now have a max stack size.
- Spawn Beacons will now replace the "Spawn on Squad" function. These are available through certifications in Leadership and will need to be equipped.
- Medical and Restoration kits can be purchased via the Equipment Terminal. A Medical Kit will restore health immediately while a Restoration Kit will restore health over a short period of time.
- Repairing a MAX within your Squad will now provide more experience than a MAX outside of it.
- Combat Medic, Engineer, and Heavy Assault Suit modifications are now available for certification purchase.
- Heavy Aircraft dive speed has been capped.
- Heavy Aircraft climb speed has been improved to prevent loss during a climb.
- The maximum size of a squad has been increased to 12 individual players.
- A platoon consists of 4 squads which can be grouped together in a way to easily communicate through both text and voice chat. A heads up indicator will display squads and platoon members different in order to help distinguish who is in your platoon and what sub-squad they are in.
- To form a Platoon all you need to do is invite another squad while being in a squad yourself. This will automatically join the squads together and create the Platoon. If you prefer a more directed approach, you can open the Squad window in your UI and then “Convert to a Platoon” to invite players to different squads one by one. You will also be able to move players between sub-squads.
- Ammo Towers will now only refill vehicle ammunition and Airpads will only refill aircraft ammunition.
- The Terran Republic Warpgate is now in the western portion of the map.
- The New Conglomerate Warpgate is now in the northern portion of the map.
- The Vanu Sovereignty Warpgate is now in the eastern portion of the map.