Beta Update (2012/11/02)
Fed up with the chilly weather on Esamir or too parched from the sandstorms on Indar? Request deployment to Amerish! This recently discovered continent is filled with lush vegetation and beautiful landscapes. It may be pretty but stop your gawking. That rolling meadow is full of Lightning tanks and these majestic mountain ranges are full of Infiltrators waiting for you to poke your pretty little head up. Check your ammo and tighten up your gear. You are going to have dig in to take this one.
If there is one thing new recruits can use, it’s more training. What better way to provide than to show you veterans in action. PlanetSide 2 has full Twitch integration which will let you quickly and easily put the next amazing battle you are in up for everyone to see.
- The Amerish continent is now available. Head to the Warpgate to access it.
- Pain Fields are now functional in the respawn areas.
- The Respawn Timer has been increased by 4 seconds.
- Falling damage has been reduced slightly.
 Notable Bug Fixes:
- Phalanx Turret projectiles from turrets are now visible to everyone
- Instant Action spawning to a Squad Leader should be functional again.
- Players should be able to purchase Medical Kits with the resupply button again.
- Gate Shields will now stop enemy projectiles
- Throwing a grenade on a highly populated server will no longer cause the grenade to explode in your hands.
- Health Regeneration from Restoration Kits will continue even after you swap weapons.
- Players will no longer spawn under Sunderers when using quick deploy.
- The Vehicle Ammo Dispenser ability will now properly dispense ammunition when coupled with the AMS ability.
- Revive Grenades are now functional again.
- Players no longer spawn through the world at Tawrich Depot.
- Players can no longer get stuck in a "floating" state.
- Tank mines do more damage to Main Battle Tanks.
- C4 now does more damage to main battle tanks.
- 50 cal MG bullets now travel farther before losing some damage
- 30mm AA: COF increased. Projectile speed increased. Changed reticule.
- Swap times are faster. Swapping to a pistol got the biggest speed increase.
- MAX anti-vehicle weapons: Large increase to anti-vehicle damage. Reduced magazine sizes, faster reload speeds. These are now more similar to the main battle tank weapons in feel.
- All Semi-auto Sniper Rifles: Reduced near damage (hip fire range). Overall bullets to kill is the same.
- Accuracy is now lost faster when firing from the hip. Starting accuracy remains the same unless mentioned below.
- All weapon attachments are now available from the start. Costs have been adjusted.
 New Conglomerate:
- Gauss Rifle: Small increase to recoil.
- AF-14: Torrent: Reduced initial vertical recoil. Small increase to horizontal recoil, but gave a more learnable pull to the right. Decreased damage at range. Improved accuracy, especially when firing from the hip.
- Reaper DMR: Increased recoil over sustained fire. Reduced initial recoil, making burst fire and single shot much more effective. Increased accuracy.
- AF-19 Mercenary: Slightly increased horizontal drift during sustained firing.
- GD-7F: Reduced vertical recoil. Very small increase to horizontal drift over sustained fire. Made horizontal drift favor the left.
- EM9: Reduced initial vertical recoil, making follow up shots from range easier. Increased accuracy.
- Gauss SAW: Recoil recovers slower. Slowed down fire rate to 500 RPM, from 550 RPM.
- EM1: Reduce overall recoil. Increased reload speed. Increased accuracy when on the move.
- GD-22S: Reload time is now consistent across all fire modes (incorrectly was slower in single shot mode). Lowered damage. Lowered vertical recoil.
- Increased projectile speed to be the fastest of the available NC LMGs.
- Magshot: Increased accuracy. Lowered magazine size by 2.
 Terran Republic:
- T1 Cycler: Increased vertical recoil. Reduced horizontal drift. Decreased starting hip fire accuracy.
- RF-3: Increased accuracy. Reduced vertical recoil. Gave horizontal recoil a more predictable pull to the left. Reduced damage at long range.
- SABR-13: Fixed bug causing accuracy to be worse when crouched. Increased projectile speed. Reduced vertical recoil to allow more consistent landing of follow up shots at range.
- TRAC-5: Initial recoil direction is more predictable. Small increase to reload time when a bullet is in the chamber. Reloading when empty remains the same.
- LC2 Lynx: Reduced vertical recoil.
- T5 AMC: Very small increase to first shot recoil, but made direction more predictable. Reduced horizontal drift.
- T9 CARV: Reduced horizontal recoil. Small reduction to recoil recovery rate.
- T9 CARV-S: Increased rate of fire to 750 RPM, from 700. Reduced horizontal recoil. Increased projectile speed. Reduced initial recoil, making the burst fire mode more useful.
- MSW-R: Overall reduction in recoil. Increased rate of fire to 800 RPM, from 750, to better match the hip fire accuracy's benefit in CQC.
- Repeater: Increased accuracy. Small reduction to damage at long range.
 Vanu Sovereignty:
- Pulsar VS1: First shot recoil is more predictable. Very small increase to horizontal drift.
- XM9 Centauri: Increased first shot recoil, but removed pull to the right.
- CME: Lowered first shot recoil so that it can better benefit from its faster projectile at range. Increased drift during sustained fire.
- Pulsar Compact: Recoil is now more similar to Pulsar VS1, meaning less recoil during sustained fire and a slight pull to the right.
- VX6-7: Reduced vertical recoil. Gave a more defined pull to the right. Increased hip fire accuracy.
- XM21-4 Carbine: Reduced recoil. Increased Accuracy. Added 10 to the magazine. Slowed down reload time.
- Orion: Small increase to initial recoil. Increased movement speed when in iron sights.
- VX29 Polaris: Reduced initial recoil to better match the benefits of its fast projectile at range.
- Pulsar LSW: Increased initial recoil, but made sustained fire more steady. Dropped fire rate to 700 RPM, from 750. Increased reload speed.
- Beamer: Increased projectile speed. Increased accuracy. Increased rate of fire. Reduced damage loss over range.
- Numerous Capture area sizes on Indar have been increased and additional cover has been provided.
- Anti-tank Phalanx turrets now do less splash damage.
- Anti-Personnel Phalanx turrets are more accurate but have reduced damage.
- Damage done by Critical Fire damage reduced by 50%
- Direct hit damage of Lightning 100mms has increased.
- Many Anti-vehicle secondary weapons will now have increased projectile speed and damage.
- The reload time of the Prowler 120mm gun has been reduced.
- Vanguard and Lightning HE turrets have had their splash damage brought in line with the Magrider and Prowler.
- Sunderers can now only be deployed 200m or more from another Sunderer.
- Flak damage has been reduced and direct hits with projectiles now do less damage over range.
- Aircraft Rocket pod direct damage increased slightly. Rockets no longer accelerate over time and move at a flat rate.
- A2A missile damage increased
- Air Hammer Projectile Speed increased
- Increased Light aircraft resistance to 20mm Basilisk and 30mm Shredder
- Composite Armor is now an available cert for Liberator and Galaxy
- If you are in a squad and not the squad leader, the option to drop-pod on your leader is now available from the hotspots panel in the map screen.
- Spawn beacons no longer cost resources or use up a tool slot. Squad leaders will be able to use the spawn beacon on a timer.
- Small reduction to speed of changing directions while strafing.
- Infiltrator recon tool sends mini-map info to all faction members and not just the squad.
- Fuel based abilities now start at max when you change to the class.
- Repair Tool can now overheat. You can upgrade the heat threshold and the repair rate through the related cert line.
- Ammunition package equips and throws faster. Ally ammo packs will now show on the mini-map.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Resist Shield to be more in line with other Heavy Assault shield abilities. Added a movement penalty to the resist shield (slows the player down only while active)
- Slight increase to the Nanite Mesh Generator shield strength. Slight increase to the movement penalty of the Nanite Mesh Generator.
- Increased HP given by Nanoweave Armor.
- Moved MAX ammo certs into utilities slot.
- Updated MAX Kinetic Armor, now it will only resist small arms fire (infantry weapons).